Considering a coach? The first question for you to ask yourself is. . .
"How Coachable Am I?"
Are you really ready to ask this question of yourself? Do you wonder how receptive you might be to coaching?
If you 're open and available to tackle these questions, here's a simple questionnaire designed to enlighten and inform you as to
where you might be in relationship to receiving those things that could move you ahead in your endeavors. Follow the directions
and decide for yourself.
Directions: Make a note of the number which comes closest to representing how true the statement is for you right now.
Then, score yourself, using the key at the bottom of the page.
Score each of your answers with one through five, corresponding to the item listed below which applies . . .
- not true
- less true
- not sure
- more true
How true are these statements?
- I can be relied upon to take coaching seriously.
- I believe this is the right time for me to accept coaching.
- I am fully willing to do the work and let the coach do the coaching.
- I keep my word without struggling or sabotaging.
- I will give the coach the benefit of the doubt and try out new ideas.
- I will tell the whole truth to myself.
- I am a person who can express what I need or expect,
and I can share this as soon as I sense it.
- I am willing to change self-defeating behaviors which limit my success.
- I see coaching as a worthwhile investment in my life.
- I am someone who can share the credit for my success with the coach.
____________ TOTAL SCORE (add the numbers up)
If you score over 40, please e-mail me to set up a complementary coaching session! Please cut and paste the questions listed along with your scores for each question before you send your request.
- 10 - 20 Not coachable right now.
- 21 - 30 Coachable, but more willingness would permit faster progress.
- 31 - 40 Coachable.
- 41 - 50 Very coachable; hire a coach and request that they ask a lot from you!