Adding Business Value
Many organizations focus on the wrong areas to add value to their business. Below are areas where most businesses can add value to there company's worth.
- Is your company worth as much as it can be?
- Does your company have opportunity to increase it's value?
- What areas does it need assistance?
- Check out this simple questionnaire.
- Mark down the number which most closely represents how true the statement is for your business.
- Add the results of each area.
- Score yourself using the key at the bottom of the page. [Score 1 to 5 for each item, where: 1 - Never; 2 - Seldom; 3 - Occasionally; 4 - Mostly; and 5 - Always]
BizNESS VALUE ADDED FOCUS AREAS
- Strong Financial Position & Financial Controls - We have no money or accounting woes.
- Consistant Profitability - Our track record is firm.
- Steady Growth - We show steady growth every quarter.
- Depth of Quality Management - Our process would make Deming proud
- Facilities & Equipment Conditions - We keep it all well maintained
- Customer Service - Our customers are "Raving Fans"
- Information Systems - We have them in place and consistenty use them
- Employee Morale - Our people are "up beat' for the right reasons.
- Business Plan - It's solid and updated regularly.
- Product/Service Quality - Six Sigma and steady!
____________ TOTAL SCORE A (add your numbers.)
- 10 - 20 Get help QUICK!
- 21 - 30 You've tough work ahead.
- 31 - 40 Good but still could use improvement.
- 41 - 50 Great! Now go for the GOLD!
NOTE: If there's only one area that's below a 5, then you have something to focus on to add value to your bizness. Work on it! You're worth it!