Approach Taken During Coaching
During our 3, 6 or 12 month coaching season we shall cover many areas which shall include the following
foundations . . .
- You and your coach shall create a contract as to what coaching
support you want during your season with your coach.
- In return, your coach shall define the support your coach requires from you to support you during that time.
- You and your coach shall meet regularly over the phone (in some cases in person) in "locker room"
type discussions to brainstorm, strategize and evaluate results - Clarifying directions,
responsibilities and challenges to be met along the way.
- You, your practices and your behavior shall be evaluated during the first month or so for benchmarking purposes.
- You and your coach shall use that benchmark information as a
stepping stone to determine . . .
- where you are now;
- what directions you want to go;
- what you want to accomplish; and
- how motivated you are to bring about change.
- If any training or skill development is required, recommendations will be made by your coach as to the form that best suits you (tapes, lectures, discussions, books, seminars, workshops, groups, videos, etc.)
- Practice and scrimmages shall commence when necessary to assure you have the new
techniques well honed before you try them in environments that would cause you problems if not
- You and your coach shall ask the tough questions that are often not
asked, for whatever reason.
- You and your coach shall work in partnership to focus in on the cause and effect of situations.
- You and your coach shall create a winning environment to maximize your coaching experience.
- You and your coach shall work team-wise to strengthen your foundations (ie: eliminating any resource
drainage so you shall have maximum impact for your efforts.
- You and your coach shall create customized strategies to attain your desired next level of
- You are expected to set goals that are principle-based, prioritizing your actions
- You and your coach shall continuously create a winning structure that includes accountability systems
to assure feedback on your performance.
As a result of your work with your coach, you shall build reserves of energy, time, money,
space, and people in your life you are meant to have.